Sunday, June 3, 2018 - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Selenium Test Automation: From the Ground Up
- Learn how to incorporate test automation in the development process
- Discover what Selenium is and how it works
- Find out how to craft maintainable test frameworks and test suites
- Understand pain points and solutions to common UI Testing problems
Selenium is the industry-standard tool for doing black box, User Interface Testing of web applications, and is a much sought after skill in today’s world of test automation. As companies transition to agile environments, Selenium is an essential tool to release quality software more quickly. This course not only demonstrates how to use Selenium, but will show you how to approach testing websites in general. This course will teach you how to incorporate industry best practices to build maintainable User Interface test suites.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for those doing manual testing who want to automate and who need to understand what Selenium is and how it can be adopted, as well as Developers who are familiar with automated testing but need to better understand the details of Selenium and creating maintainable test suites with it.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Familiarity with Java or Open Source Programming
- Laptop with administrator access
- Installation of the Java Development Kit (JDK), downloadable here
- Installation of IntelliJ Community Edition IDE, downloadable here.
- Initialization and Cleanup
- Actions and Assertions
- Site Modeling Abstraction
- Wrappers and Helpers
- Data Modeling
Advanced Selenium Interactions
Running UI Tests Remotely
Class Daily Schedule
Sign-In/Registration 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Morning Session 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Afternoon Session 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm your schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
• Course notebook
• Continental breakfasts and refreshment breaks
• Letter of completion